28th June 2021
We have a confirmed case of COVID in our Early Years Unit.
Families of all children who have been in close contact have received contact from us and those children will be self-isolating for 10 days. (Please note: this is NOT the full bubble, if you have not received any contact from us your child DOES NOT need to self-isolate.)
Please find information in the below letter which is applicable to the rest of school.
FOR PARENTS/CARERS OF CHILDREN NOT IN CLOSE CONTACT
Dear Parent/ Carer,
We have been advised that there has been a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the school. This letter is to inform you of the current situation and provide advice on how to support your child.
Following public health advice and in line with national guidance, we have carried out a full risk assessment and identified all those who have been in close contact with the affected case. They have been told to stay at home and self-isolate until 10 days after their last contact with the person infected and get a PCR test for COVID-19.
Your child has not been identified as a close contact and therefore does not need to make any change to their usual routine, including school attendance.
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- a new continuous cough and/or
- a high temperature and/or
- a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia).
If your child, or anyone in your household, develops any of these symptoms, they and everyone in your household must remain at home. They must not go to work, school or public areas, even for exercise. You should arrange for your child who has developed symptoms to have a test for COVID-19 as soon as possible.
To book a test either call 119 or go to the NHS website at www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test
When the result is known further advice will be given.
How to stop COVID-19 spreading
Remember; ‘Hands, Face, Space and Let Fresh Air In’:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
- Try to stay at least 2 metres from anyone you don’t live with at all times.
- Use a face covering when social distancing is not possible.
- If meeting others, try to do so outside. If inside, open the window to let fresh air in
You, the adults and secondary age children you live with, are encouraged to take part in twice weekly Lateral Flow Device (LFD) testing for COVID-19. This helps to identify those who do not have symptoms of the virus and helps prevent it spreading to others. You can get free LFD test kits from most pharmacies or by ringing 119 or online at https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
Please take up the offer of the COVID-19 vaccine when invited. The vaccines are safe and effective. They give you the best protection against COVID-19. More information can be found at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/
Further information is available at www.nhs.uk/coronavirusThank you for your support. Your efforts do help to reduce the further spread of COVID-19 to others in the community.