26/02 - Update on 8th March
26th February 2021
I hope you are all well and enjoying this milder weather and the odd bit of sunshine.
I am writing to you today with details of our full re-opening on the 8th March. As you are fully aware, we have already been through this process and the way in which we were operating in the autumn term worked well. Because of this, we intend on running in the same way. The safety of the children and staff is of utmost importance and we will continue to do all we can to reduce the spread of the virus. To this end, we will continue to;
- Operate staggered start and finish times. Group 1 (surname A-K) will enter at 8.45 and leave at 2.45. Group 2 (surname L-Z) will enter at 9am and leave at 3pm. We kindly request that parents continue to hand children over from the barriers and not enter the main yard. If you need to speak with your child’s class teacher, please contact them via class dojo or ring the office to speak with them
- Request that parents wear face coverings when dropping off/collecting to prevent spread amongst those waiting at the school gates
- Ask that children are dropped off/collected at the correct time. Any late comers will have to enter with the second group or (if in group 2) wait for a member of staff from their bubble to come up to the gate to collect them
- Have class bubbles that do not mix with any other bubble
- Have staggered break and lunch times
- Request that pupils only bring essential items into school
- Incorporate regular hand washing sessions into the school day and have sanitiser available throughout school
- Have additional cleaners on site throughout the day to regularly clean communal and high touch areas
- Ask that visitors make an appointment before entering the school site
- Send any children or staff members home if they become unwell during the school day
- Identify close contacts of a person testing positive for Covid and ask them to isolate for 10 days
In addition to the existing measures detailed above, we have added a couple of other things to our protocols in line with the latest guidance and health advice. All staff are now able to carry out a lateral flow test twice weekly. These tests are designed to detect the virus in those that are asymptomatic. This has been up and running this term and has given us some peace of mind. Staff members will also be wearing face coverings when in communal areas or where it is more difficult for them to keep a distance from the children. Neither of these additions to our protocols are mandatory but they are advised.
We continue to ask that you do not send your child to school if they are unwell and notify the school office.
Finally I would just like to say that we are all looking forward to the 8th March when we can be together as a community again. It will be wonderful to have a school full of children. It has been very quiet!
I want to thank every child, parent and staff member for everything you have achieved over the past year. To say it has been challenging is an understatement but your commitment to making the most out of this difficult journey has been amazing. I think we should all feel proud and look forward with hope and positivity.
I look forward to seeing you all very soon.
With love and best wishes
Mrs. A. Oliver